The Grocery Store Courtesy Clerk is responsible for assisting customers with their shopping needs, providing excellent customer service, and performing various other duties as assigned to maintain a clean and orderly store.
Courtesy Clerk Job Description
The Grocery Store Cashier is responsible for providing excellent customer service while accurately and quickly processing customer transactions at the checkout in a friendly and helpful manner. The Cashier will be responsible for operating the cash register, counting cash, and accurately recording all transactions.
- Greet customers and respond to inquiries in a friendly and professional manner
- Assist customers with locating items in the store and answering product-related questions
- Operate cash register to process customer purchases accurately and efficiently
- Bag groceries for customers, provide carry-out service, and assist customers with loading their purchases into their vehicles
- Assist with keeping store clean and orderly, including sweeping, mopping, and other cleaning tasks
- Assist with inventory control and counts
- Follow all safety and security procedures
Sample Interview Questions
- What makes you a good fit for this role as a Courtesy Clerk?
- What customer service skills do you have that would be beneficial to this position?
- What experience do you have working in a grocery store?
- How would you handle a customer complaint or issue?
- What do you think are the most important qualities of a successful Courtesy Clerk?
- Do you have any experience with cash handling or working with a POS system?
- How do you manage your time and workload in a fast-paced work environment?
- What would you do if you noticed a customer had not been charged for an item?
- How do you ensure accuracy and attention to detail when stocking shelves?
- What do you think is the most important part of providing excellent customer service?